Memory Games for The SMS Crowd
Posted: Wed, 22 March 2006 | permalink | No comments
I suppose these games could be a nice test to see if you're at risk of "texter's thumbs".
- Attempt to "type" an SMS without looking at the phone.
- As above, but turn on predictive text (you're allowed to look at the screen to correct misguessed words, though).
- As above, but you can't look at the screen to correct misguesses (so you have to remember which order all of the words appear in your dictionary).
- For bonus points, you also have to look up the number in your phone book without looking at the phone (so you have to remember everyone's order in the phone book).
- If you're feeling particularly confident, send the SMS without reviewing it (be prepared for some strange responses if you're not 100% accurate).
- The olympic level challenge: Tell someone else what buttons to press to do all of the above. Not only do you not have the visual cues, but you also don't have your muscle memory to help you.
Yes, I have a lot of time on the train to think. Why do you ask?
Post a comment
All comments are held for moderation; markdown formatting accepted.